Embassy - social reinforcement
1. Team participation
Teams are organized for house duties and individuals are asked to sign up for at least one team. The teams were:-
- Culinary Delights - food and drinks
- Residents’ Experience - optimizing the happiness and productivity of residents
- Guests’ Experience - optimizing the happiness and productivity of guests
- Event Coordination & Promotion
- Internal and External Community Fostering
- Team Reaper - keeping the house clear and tidy
2. social reinforcement
In order to reinforce contribution to the running of the house, residents/citizens must inform that house of any jobs that they've done, and how long that job took. For each 15 minutes the house tots up as a whole, the more money they make as a group. By acting and not 'bragging' you reduce the money in the group pool. [We used a whatsapp thread that we referred to as "Bilbo Braggins"]
Teams meet and act together to get their jobs done.
"The hierarchy under the old do-ocracy was the do-ers had low social class but a high power class: Do-ers were the underclass. This system reverses that."
- Teams feel empowered to get things done with minimal admin or bureaucracy
- Acting in teams means that no individual has to take on too much responsibility
"Bragging allows room for the acknowledgement our failures, but the shaming can turn into a shaming war"
At times, this system felt like the do-ocracy